Gluten-Free Leek Infused Corn Bread
Kick up your corn bread with Florida MicroGreens' Leek! When combining all the ingredients you need to make this sweet and savory bread, you get one powerful bread that you can feel good about eating!
- 15 oz can Organic Whole Kernel Corn (rinse and drain)
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Natural Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Florida MicroGreens Leek (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 Free-Range Circle C Chicken Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (buttermilk, whole milk, or almond milk work great)
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Asbury Farms Bacon Fat (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8×8 baking dish with bacon grease or butter and set aside.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Melt the butter and let it cool slightly while you whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
Once the butter is cool, add it to the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently together with a wooden spoon or spatula. Don’t over-mix, but let everything become incorporated.
Fold in chopped leek microgreens and drained corn.
Pour the batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
The bread is done when the top is brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Serve with butter!